THE FISHERMEN’S ISLAND: DISCOVERING THE SEAFARING TRADITIONS OF CAORLE
We will go to the discovery of a timeless place, not far from the beaches of Caorle.
A mixture of sweet and brackish waters, of swamp and sea, of wild nature: the lagoon. It is in this rare and precious environment, full of fascinating mysteries and legends, that develops the history of Caorle, the history of the “Casoni” (traditional fisherman’s house).
The life in the “Casoni” is the symbol of the ancient culture of the fishermen in the lagoon. In fact, for thousands of years they were the only houses of the inhabitants of these areas.
Ernest Hemingway, Nobel Prize for literature, dedicated to these places some of his most beautiful pages in the book “Across the river and into the trees”.
Today remain the stories of the oldest, memories of a hard relationship with nature, of suffering and joy. Their spirit survives within the dwellings, among the canals.
We will go to visit these places with the eyes of those who are more attached to this land, the fishermen.
Every Friday: 12th-19th-26th July and 2nd-9th-16th-23rd-30th August 2019.
2 hours approx.
• Time: at 9.00 am, departure at 9.15 am.
• Location: Casoni Parking Area, Via dei Casoni, Caorle (VE), from Bar Tabacchi Da Toni, going towards the port of Falconera.
Easy. Route of 5 km approx. Flat. Suitable for nordic walking (during the excursion it is mandatory to keep the same pace of the group). Please note that the route is not practicable with strollers.
Sportswear, a waterproof jacket, hat, trekking shoes (no sandals), small lightweight backpack, mosquito repellent lotion, sun protection, at least 1 liter of water per person.
€ 13 for adults. € 8 for children from 7 up to 14 years old. Children up to 6 years free.
The reservation is mandatory and must be made at least 48 hours in advance using the following methods:
• sending the booking request filling out the form below;
• writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (with name and surname, date, name of the tour, telephone number and number of adults and children);
• sending a message on Whatsapp +39 324 5461686.
We will send the booking confirmation through specific communication to each participant. The payment of the participation fee will be made on the day of the excursion before departure. We kindly ask you to contact us as soon as possible in case of renouncement.
Would you like to do this activity on the date of your choice? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com. The booking of a private tour must be made at least five days before the chosen date.
In case of bad weather or if the minimum number of participants is not reached, the organization reserves the right to cancel the excursion until the day before the activity. The itinerary may vary according to weather and environmental conditions, as well as for any reason linked to the safety of the participants.
Before attending our excursions, read the rules carefully by clicking here. The participation in our excursions involves the unconditional acceptance of this regulation and the terms and conditions of the service.
Excursion with AIGAE Hiking Guide.
Anything not expressly indicated above.
- Regional cuisine and use of local products, organic and km0 ingredients
- Actions aiming to developing the area and to support the local economy
- Environmental sustainability and eco-friendly mobility
- Actions aiming to protection and enhancement of historical, natural, cultural and artisan heritage of the territory